CMPA Colouring Book Project
The CMPA is currently working on creating a Military Police colouring book for children, and we would greatly appreciate your assistance in completing this project. This colouring book will be made available at cost to bases and units hosting community events with children in attendance.
Colouring is a therapeutic activity that allows children to process their emotions, frustrations, and feelings. There are numerous advantages to colouring, including a sense of accomplishment upon completing a page, building self-esteem, promoting relaxation, enhancing fine motor skills and concentration, and facilitating learning through play.
As a member of the Military Police (MP) or an MP family member, you are uniquely positioned to contribute Military Police-themed illustrations for this colouring book. This is why we are seeking your and/or your children’s participation!
Selected submissions will be featured in the colouring book and credited. Everyone who submits a drawing will have a chance to win a prize, regardless of age group. Three prizes will be randomly awarded by the CMPA Executive during a draw (date to be determined). You are welcome to submit your and/or your children’s drawings, with a maximum of two entries per person.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, January 14, 2024, at 23:59.
For further information, please contact the Director of Marketing at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Thank you all in advance for your participation!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Refer to our Google Sheet here to confirm your selection of a subject and add your full name to confirm your choice. If the person drawing is a family member, please add the name of the MP member. Please choose a subject that has not already been selected by another participant.
You can suggest a new subject idea related to Military Police life and work. A CMPA executive will need to approve new subjects before you begin. Send your idea to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CREATING AND SUBMITTING THE DRAWING:
- Your drawing should fit on an 8.5 x 11" paper (Letter size), in portrait format (vertical).
- To create a drawing for the book, focus on creating outlines rather than solid drawings, as the drawing should be suitable for colouring.
- Begin by sketching your design with a pencil that is easily erasable. It's best to use a Hard pencil (3H-4H) as it is less likely to smudge, and you can easily ink over the lines.
- We recommend creating a backup of your final drawing by tracing it onto a second page using tracing paper.
- Once your drawing is ready, we suggest using a technical black pen with a 1mm tip or thicker. For finer lines, you can use a 0.5mm tip.
- When your outline is complete, scan it using a flatbed scanner (photocopy machines often have scanning options) at a high resolution (minimum 300 dpi, 600 dpi is preferred), in black and white.
- Save the file, complete the Registration form, which you can access here, and attach your drawing before submitting.
DEADLINE TO PARTICIPATE: Sunday, January 14, 2024.